Marist Brothers Linmeyer is an independent school established in terms of Section 45 of the South African Schools Act 84 of 1996 read together with Section 29 (3) of the Constitution.
Marist Brothers Linmeyer is a co-educational school based on Catholic ethos and values. The School welcomes all learners regardless of race, national or ethnic origin, to all rights, privileges, programmes and activities generally accorded to learners at the school, subject to the various criteria set out herein.
While The School does not discriminate on religious grounds in terms of admission, it is expected that those learners who are enrolled at The School attend various religious activities specific to the Catholic faith which is practised at The School. These include assembly, mass, religious classes and the celebration of the various feast days. However, learners of other faiths will not be required to worship during these activities.
Education provided by The School is holistic and does not focus purely on academics. All learners are therefore required to participate in at least one extra-mural activity of their choice each term.
Application forms can be downloaded in Acrobat PDF format (see below), or are available from:
Pre-School: Mrs M Bologna Tel: 011 435 0646/7/8
Primary School: Mrs M Bologna Tel: 011 435 0646/7/8
High School: Ms Hudson Tel: 011 435 1100/26
Please download PDF format of our forms by clicking on the links below:
Pre - Primary School
All admission queries can be addressed to:
- High School: Email Ms Hudson
- Primary School: Email Mrs Bologna
- Pre-Primary School: Email Mrs Bologna
Applicants for admission must comply with the following procedure:
- The Application for Admission form must be filled in and forwarded to the Principal.
- The applicant may be requested to attend an interview and to submit a character reference from his/her current Principal.
- All new applicants are subjected to an entrance assessment or to a school readiness assessment.
Other required documentation:
- Certified copy of Birth Certificate
- Copy of latest school report
- Copy of Baptism Certificate (Catholics only)
- Character reference in respect of the applicant.
CRITERIA FOR ADMISSION
The Board of Governors and School Executive have adopted the following selection criteria:
- Admission is based on availability. For High School admissions, learners already attending the Primary School will be placed first, provided that they meet the minimum criteria for admission.
- Applicants that have siblings at The School, one or both parents who were past learners of The School and/or who are Catholic will be given preference when being considered for admission. Thereafter, the applicants that meet the minimum criteria will be placed on first-come first-served basis, i.e. those applications, which are received first, will be processed first. Those applications, which cannot be accepted due to lack of availability, will be placed on a waiting list in order of date of application.
- Admission is conditional upon the ability to pay the prescribed school fees, levies and deposits. Those parents who apply for admission of their children will be subject to a credit reference check.
- The applicant’s school fees from their previous school must be paid up in full before any application for admission will be considered.
- Successful applicants must undertake to attend morning assemblies, religious education classes, Mass and special feast days.
- Successful applicants must also agree to submit to The School’s Code of Conduct.
- Only applications for Grade PR to Grade 11 will be considered.
- Only those applicants (other than for Grade R and Grade PR) who are six years and older at the time of application or who will be six years old by 30 June of the year of admission will normally be considered. However, applicants who do not meet this criterion may be considered under special circumstances. (This is in accordance with Section 45A of the South African Schools Act of 1996, as amended.)
- Applicants who are not South African citizens must provide a valid study permit, in addition to meeting the above criteria.