Our dynamic multidisciplinary team focusses on enhancing the child’s potential.
Our therapists provide the following services:
An Occupational therapist aims to encourage a child’s development by focussing on their:
- Ability to process information from the environment.
- Motor skills to improve participation in sport and in the classroom.
- Ability to process visual information and produce an output.
EDUCATIONAL PSYCHOLOGY/PLAY THERAPY
School psychologists assist with:
- Developing staff, students and parents.
- Teaching problem solving strategies.
- Academic behavioural and emotional difficulties.
- Assessment of scholastic abilities and emotional functioning.
- They are trusted to help with delicate personal and family situations that interfere with learning.
REMEDIAL THERAPY/LEARNER SUPPORT
Remedial therapist assists students in:
- Strengthening academic weaknesses.
- Easing anxieties.
- Assisting students with learning difficulties in reading, spelling, comprehension and written language.
The ultimate goal of a remedial therapist is to help students become independent and proficient within their classrooms.
Speech and Language therapists are communication specialists focused on remediating and developing:
- Auditory memory.
- Auditory processing.
- Sounding out and blending.
- Language skills.
Marcelle Niehaus 072 101 3056
Neelam Sukha 072 462 6150
Karen Joubert 083 498 4208
Sandra Leicher 082 330 3310
SPEECH & LANGUAGE THERAPIST
Adelle Schwark 083 264 2253