DOES MARIST BROTHERS LINMEYER HAVE A RELIGIOUS AFFILIATION?
Yes, the College is affiliated to the Catholic Church under the auspices of the Marist Brothers.
We are one of five Marist Schools in South Africa, the others being: St David’s Marist College in Inanda (Jhb), Sacred Heart College in Observatory (Jhb), St Henry’s Marist College in Durban and St Joseph’s Marist College in Rondebosch (CT).
DOES MY CHILD NEED TO BE CATHOLIC TO GAIN ADMISSION?
Marist Brothers Linmeyer admits children of all faiths on the understanding that they respect the Catholicity of the College. All learners are expected to participate in the religious life of the School, by attending Religion classes, Masses etc.
WHAT ARE THE ADMISSION AGES?
- GRADE PR – admitted in the year they turn 5
- GRADE R – admitted in the year they turn 6
HOW SOON SHOULD I PUT IN MY APPLICATION BEFORE THE REQUIRED ADMISSION YEAR?
As soon as possible as some grades develop lengthy waiting lists.
HOW MANY TERMS PER YEAR?
We are a three-term school and generally adhere to ISASA dates.
HOW MANY LEARNERS ARE THERE IN A CLASS?
Our policy as far as numbers is concerned, is as follows:
- Gr PR – 20 learners per class
- Gr R – 25 learners per class
- We have used the above numbers as a rough guide for the past few years but, under exceptional circumstances, a class may be taken up or down, by a number or two. We do not feel that these numbers compromise the education that we offer and continually review the situation to ensure that quality education takes place.
DO YOU HAVE AN AFTER-CARE FACILITY?
Yes. Children from Grade PR to Grade 7 may make use of this facility. It is operational from straight after school until 17h15 during term times and from 07h15 until 17h15 during the April and August holidays. It is not operational during the Mid-term breaks or during the end of year holidays.