Marist Brothers Linmeyer is an independent school established in terms of Section 45 of the South African Schools Act 84 of 1996 read together with Section 29 (3) of the Constitution.
Marist Brothers Linmeyer is a co-educational school based on Catholic ethos and values. The School welcomes all learners regardless of race, national or ethnic origin, to all rights, privileges, programmes and activities generally accorded to students at the school, subject to the various criteria set out herein.
While The School does not discriminate on religious grounds in terms of admission, it is expected that those students who are enrolled at The School attend various religious activities specific to the Catholic faith which is practised at The School. These include assembly, mass, religious classes and the celebration of the various feast days. However, learners of other faiths will not be required to worship during these activities.
Education provided by The School is holistic and does not focus purely on academics. All students are therefore required to participate in at least one extra-mural activity of their choice each term.
Applicants for admission must comply with the following procedure:
- The Application for Admission form must be filled in and forwarded to the Principal.
- The applicant may be requested to attend an interview and to submit a character reference from his/her current Principal.
- All new applicants are subjected to an entrance assessment or to a school readiness assessment.
Other required documentation:
- R400.00 non-refundable administration fee
- Copy of your child’s unabridged birth certificate
- Copy of your child’s latest school report
- Copy of Baptism Certificate (Catholics only)
- Character reference in respect of the applicant.
CRITERIA FOR ADMISSION
The Board of Governors and School Executive have adopted the following selection criteria:
- Admission is based on availability of space.
- For High School admissions, students already attending the Primary School will be placed first, provided that they meet the minimum criteria for admission.
- Acceptance of a sibling application is not guaranteed.Applicants that have siblings already in attendance at The School, one or both parents who were past pupils of The School and/or who are Catholic may be given preference when being considered for admission.
- The applicants that meet the minimum criteria will generally be placed on a first come first served basis.
- Those applications which cannot be accepted due only to lack of availability will be placed on a waiting list in order of date of application.
- Admission is conditional upon the ability to pay the prescribed school fees, and non-refundable enrolment fee. Parents/Guardians who apply for admission of their children will be subject to a credit reference check.
- The applicant’s school fees from their previous school must be paid up in full before any application for admission will be considered.
- As noted above, successful applicants must undertake to attend morning assemblies, religious education classes, Mass and special feast days.
- Successful applicants must also agree to adhere to The School’s Code of Conduct which is printed in the school diary.
- Only applications for Grade PR to Grade 10 will be considered.
- Only those applicants (other than for Grade R and Grade PR) who are six years and older at the time of application or who will be six years old by 30 June of the year of admission will normally be considered. However, applicants who do not meet this criteria may be considered under special circumstances. (This is in accordance with Section 45A of the South African Schools Act of 1996, as amended.)
- Applicants who are not South African citizens must also provide a valid study permit, in addition to meeting the above criteria.
Completing an application:
There are 2 options when completing an application to Marist Brothers Linmeyer:
1) Fill in the below form to download the application form
2) Contact the school using the below contact details for a hard copy application
Download Application Form
PLEASE NOTE: By clicking the above button, you acknowledge that you have read the Admission Procedure and Criteria. Once you submit the form, it will take you to the PDF Admissions Form that will then need to be completed and sent to the relevant school administrator with the required accompanying documentation.
Hard Copy Application forms:
Can be collected from reception or can be emailed to you by contacting one of the below staff: