Have fun with your Primary School or Preschool child by making this “non-cook” playdough together.
RECIPE FOR PLAYDOUGH WITH ALUM
- 1 ½ cups boiling water
- Food colouring
- Half a cup salt
- 3 cups flour
- 1 large tablespoon powder alum
- 1 large tablespoon Vaseline
- Sift flour, salt and alum. Mix water, Vaseline and food colouring until Vaseline melts.
- Combine water mixture and dry ingredients (add more water or flour if too dry or too moist).
Playdough is a wonderful tool for developing fine motor and cognitive skills. Your child can use it many different ways.
A few examples are as follows:
- Roll out sausages and balls
- Pinch it with fingers
- Cut it with a knife or with a pair of scissors
- Hide little objects in it for your child to find
- Press into the playdough with toothpicks or matchsticks
- Roll it flat with a rolling pin and use cookie cutters to make shapes
- Roll it into thin sausages and make numbers and letters with the sausages
- Practise spelling words by making them with playdough
- Be creative: make a snake, a snail, a nest with eggs, a person etc.
Cell 072 101 3056