Friday is the 1st of December and pretty much the end of the school year. As a result, your families have to be entertained, but more than that FED!
The Christmas decorations have to go up on Friday (well in my house anyway) and Sunday the 3rd of December, we celebrate the First Sunday of Advent.
This is personally, my favorite time of the year … I love spending time with family and friends, the Christian celebrations, our Christmas Traditions, the food, of course, and the South African weather.
When I was considering what to write about, I thought that perhaps parents might need some ideas with regard to that Holiday Entertainment and Feeding Frenzy that I referred to in the first paragraph. I have listed some of my suggestions below, hopefully they are helpful if you are staying in the Johannesburg area for the festive season
- Bake Christmas Cookies – this keeps children entertained and fed. The cookies can also be used as gifts for other family members.
- Pool time – Obviously this is always a winner and dependent on the weather, also please don’t forget the sunscreen.
- Experience the festive spirit, as a family, at one of the following Christmas Markets:
– Montecasino’s Christmas Village from 29th November to 3rd December.
– Bryanston Organic & Natural Market’s Moonlight Markets every Tuesday night from 21st November to 19th December.
– The Wanderers Christmas Market from 1st December to 4th December.
– The Stables Village Market Christmas Weekends from 1st December to 3rd December and 8th December to 10th December.
– Sylvia’s Market’s Christmas Night Market on 17th December.
- Cinderella on Ice is showing at the Montecasino Teatro from 1st December 2017 to 7th January 2018.
- Visit the Garden of Lights at Emperors Palace from 8th December to 3rd January, this is an epic celebration of all things Christmas.
If you are traveling on holiday, that in itself is entertainment enough and I wish you safe travels.
Food wise, check out foodnetwork.com for some mouthwatering, Christmas recipes.
That’s all Folks! May you all enjoy a Fantastic Festive Season and come back in the new year rejuvenated and ready for another exciting year…
Mrs Lara-Ann Koch