NETWORK SUPPORT TECHNICIAN
Marist Brothers Linmeyer is a well-established private, Catholic, Co-Educational School in the South of Johannesburg, which forms part of the Marist educational community comprising of 5 Marist Schools in South Africa and educational institutions in over 75 countries worldwide. We are committed to excellence in education and thus provide a curriculum which meets the needs of an ever-changing society, without loss of focus on Christian based morals and values.
Applications are invited for the following position commencing 01 October 2021
Network Support Technician
AIMS OF THE ROLE:
Marist Brothers Linmeyer is seeking the services of a motivated and innovative Support Technician to be part of an efficient support team at our School. Applicants must be meticulous, committed to their assignments, exhibit initiative and be willing to go the extra distance to ensure the success of ICT within the School.
- All applicants should have the ability to identify with, and uphold the Catholic Ethos of the College
- A suitable qualification (Diploma in IT or equivalent, Comptia A+ and N+, Drivers Licence)
- Provide software support for GSuite, Apple IOS, Windows and Windows Server
- Strong technical support skills
- Mobile Device Management (MDM) experience
- Proficient ability to problem solving connectivity issues
- Good Windows Server knowledge
- Hardware, strong networking skills, WAN, VLAN, Printer and MFP support experience
- Proficient analytical, troubleshooting and problems solving skills required
- Good interpersonal, written, verbal, presentation and time management skills
- Consistent Service delivery and client service orientated to staff, teachers and students
- High stress tolerance and ability to prioritize
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to follow processes
- Is a self-motivator and is able to work independently & proactively
Interested, suitably qualified, persons are requested to E-mail their applications which includes at least 2 referees and copies of their certificates of clearance (Sexual Offenders Register and Police Clearance) to:
OPERATIONS DEPARTMENT: Attention: Mrs K. Surujpal (ICT Manager)
Closing date for applications: 20 July 2021
A comprehensive C.V will be requested from shortlisted applicants.
Protection of Personal Information Act (POPIA) Disclaimer: Marist Brothers Linmeyer is committed to ensuring the confidentiality of personal information and all reasonable measures will be taken to protect the personal information of applicants. Your information will be used for the sole purpose of recruitment for this listed post only as well as for statutory purposes as applicable. By applying for this position and submitting your personal details and curriculum vitae to Marist Brothers Linmeyer, you acknowledge the disclaimer.
Marist Brothers Linmeyer is an Equal Opportunity Employer. An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview or appointment and only short listed applicants will be contacted. Only suitably qualified candidates should apply. Marist Brothers Linmeyer reserves the right not to proceed with the filling of this post.